Tuesday, April 29, 2008

(untitled)

I would have sworn I had already made two posts last week, but now they aren't on here, so I will try to repost approxamately what it is I said (atleast in the first one for now).
And now, of course, I can't find the sorce for what troubled me, but I will try my hardest to have this all make sense.
There was a line in the very beginning of the book that has stuck with me while I have continued reading. I feel that it shows how the author really viewed what was happening. We discussed that is class. Everyone who is rich doesn't seem to understand what is going on and they end up fine (atleast to the point that we were discussing). How could the author write something like that when she herself was hiding from the nazis? Well, near the beginning she described a scene in which "you" are dreaming. You are walking around in Paris, but it is all a dream. Nothing is real, and then you wake up, and you are in Hell. To me, that's what is happening to a lot of the people in this story. Nothing seems real, it's all just some bizzar dream, but when they wake up to reality....
I can't help but look back on that line everytime I pick up this book and read more, because I almost feel that it is a mini map of what is going on. It's like the key.
For me, it sheds a lot of light on the discussion we had in class Tuesday because, the more I think about it, the more I see how it fits into every aspect of the story.
It was such a small thing that it would have been easy to read past, and I can't even go back and find it, but it was so startling when I read it. Things in the story seemed almost pleasant up until that point and then to hear HELL so loud in my ear, I had to stop and reread and consider it repeatedly when I continued to read.
Hopefully this one posts, eh?

No comments: